Thursday 15 March 2012

Beatrix Potter Alphabet

I have decided to look at a Beatrix Potter alphabet, instead of peter rabbit, as there isn't enough objects that fit into the alphabet.. so combining the objects in the book to make the alphabet up works better..


I have decided to keep the ideas done with peter rabbit, tiggywinkle and jemima.. with the letters forming the image.. but with the object from the alphabet.. for example:


A is for Apple



I don't want the image to be clean.. I want them to look like they have just been printed.. rough feel to it.. kinda..


Bit more work to be done to make it look a bit more rougher..




I want the stock to be off white.. so the colours don't completely stand out.. however, I need to look at doing some on white paper, as the colours will stand out more, and need to be bright for the kids..

The alphabet:

a = apple
b = button/blackberry/basket
c = cat/carrot
d = door/duck
e = eggs
f = fish/fox/flower pot/feather
g = gate/garden
h = hedgehog/hen
i = 
j = 
k = 
l = lettuce
m = mouse/mr mcgregor
n = nest
o = onions
p = parsley/potatoes
q = 
r = rabbit/radishes/rake/robin
s = shoe/sparrow/scarecrow
t = tree/toolshed
u = 
v = 
w = watering can/wheelbarrow/waistcoat
x = 
y = 
z =

Do I need all the letters.. I am only working on the covers? 

- Alphabet
- Numbers
- Story


B for blackberry.. the separate letters will be in different shades of purple, so the letters can be seen easier..


No comments:

Post a Comment