Tuesday 7 February 2012

Pattern Experiments

Using the same template, I wanted to make a range of patterns, that would be seen within the picnic, but would work together with the event as well..

I have looked at some japanese patterns, and found that many of them are of single shapes that have been tessellated, here I have used a triangle, and rotated it round three times, and used live paint to fill in the different areas.

The colours are experiments, I have chosen them as I think they best represent the country and also the opera.. I wanted to see how they work together, but also what colours work better..




Next : Where will these patterns be seen.. need to put them into context to see how each pattern works.. and then also how the colour will work..


I like the pastel colours more than the darker more vibrant colours. I think they reflect the natural look I am aiming for, and is much more subtle..

No comments:

Post a Comment