Friday 24 February 2012

Slight change of direction..

.. with the images that will be on the packaging, and the overall feel of the japanese opera.. 
After the group crit, I have decided to down the lines of a japanese summer.. using cherry blossom, which is a well known japanese flower and quite summery..


With this I have also decided to design a fan as well as the origami.. which will also have the design on there, to make everything fit in..



The above design for the tree is too blocky and doesn't reflect the subtle japanese culture.. I don't like the flowers either, just no..

Here is have made the lines much more subtle and thinner and gave it a hand drawn feel.. maybe I could draw it by hand in inks to see what effect that will give..
The flowers look better, although I am still unsure about the colours..


Hand drawn cherry blossom.. 
It would be quite nice to see the different variations of the cherry blossom, whether it could have pattern inside on the petals, or how the colours can affect the way it looks..



After putting it into illustrator, I have found that slightly rotating the outline of the flower looks with delicate and works well with the feeling of this japanese, natural summer.. 

 So I have now drawn myself a tree for the cherry blossoms to sit on.. as I wasn't keen on the images done on illustrator, it just felt too much.. and I couldn't get the texture I wanted.. I want to move this image further by using ink to create different weight in line, as this is what it is lacking I think..



However, here is how it will look with the flowers on it.. I want to put some more lines in the trunk, to give it a bit more detail.. rather than a solid brown colour..


I could maybe add a couple of butterflies to the image.. 

The idea is that this cherry blossom tree will wrap around the packages.. but as the packages vary, they won't all look exactly the same.. 
The types of food in each package could be differentiated by colour.. so they aren't confused..

I need to decide on 2 or 3 colours for each package.. and how they will work together for the overall carrier package.. as each colour would then be seen on there, so it stays consistent.


Not laid out like this.. but these are going to be included onto the package.. need to think about how all the packages work together when put together, could have some fun with the image in that respect too..


No comments:

Post a Comment