Monday 16 January 2012

M&S Picnic Brief

BRIEF 01


Deliverables:


Picnic/event:


- Plates
- Cutlery
- Napkins
- Food packaging
- Cups
- Tickets
- Posters/flyers
- Banners


The M&S picnic brief is a live competition brief that I would maybe like to develop, looking at making the material for the event, banners, posters and tickets.. If there is enough time..


What event?


Opera in the park (Temple Newsom), Party in the park (Temple Newsom), Wimbledon, Olympics, romantic picnic..


I would like to look at doing a picnic for people who go to opera in the park.. I think there is a good target audience, and from experience, it is a really good night, with great atmosphere.. though there were a few children, it was mainly for the adults..
I like the idea of opera being quite 'expensive' and I like the challenge of making a picnic (seen as cheap and cheerful) and turn it to an 'expensive' meal out.. by the way it looks..
I want to keep the tone of voice for this project quite serious, but have a bit of humour running through it..


Colour:


Black and white


Maybe include red, seen as quite classic colours, I want to try and take the traditional opera atmosphere, but bring it to the modern day..
I want to use pattern, try and simplify the opera and transfer it to the deliverables..


Maybe instead of a picnic.. it's turning into what you need for the opera in the park.. which will include the picnic, but will have extras, just for the event..

No comments:

Post a Comment