Friday 20 January 2012

Madame Butterfly

I have decided to focus on one opera, that would be played at the picnic in the park event.. 
I am going to look at 'madame butterfly' opera.

I have chosen this as when I have looked at the storyline, I could see plenty of different areas I could look into, to make this a really interesting brief.
Story line:
About a young Geisha woman named Butterfly and her love triangle with Lt. Pinkerton and Suzuki..
It is set in the 1890's and takes place in Japan..

I need to look into the Japanese culture, specifically at their art culture, and pattern design, what colours best reflects them..
And also at Geisha's, and the way they look and their beauty..

I want to keep the poster quite simple but show a bit of the story line..

No comments:

Post a Comment