Monday 28 May 2012

Beatrix Potter Submission Boards



Evaluation

I needed to keep clear of the original Beatrix Potter illustrations to make this project work. Because of this, I was staying to close to home and not thinking outside the box, my drawings were very similar to those of the original books.

I finally came up with a simple design that reflected the character from Beatrix Potter but was also quite different. I think the range works nicely, but could still be developed.
I wanted to have illustrated at least another book to go with Peter Rabbit, but I ran out of time, as I didn't realise I was going to be designing a story. To start with, I chose to design covers, but I changed the brief slightly so I could work with doing story illustrations.

Found it really challenging, but I was also inspired by the rules I could set myself in regards to how the illustrations and backgrounds would look like (point of view, time of day etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment