Saturday 5 May 2012

Cover Ideas:


Now that I have decided on the kind of look my book will be, I can start designing the cover.. keeping it simple and 'vintage' like..


[Hand drawn images]






I like the bottom layout more than the others, I think a bit more work needs to be done.. but I like the simplistic look to it.. Also, the other cover designs can follow the same look, with a different colour, and character head..


Some colour variations that can be used for all the books, not just the one.. the stock that needs to be used as the cover needs to look quite delicate I think.. 


Using the illustrated peter rabbit image as the front cover.. this will have to be repeated in the book somehow too.. to keep consistency.. maybe an object on each page?


 

The image needs to be bigger, like peter.. not keen on the blue colour.. THIS NEEDS SORTING NOW.. need to stop panicking..

I also like the washed out cover more.. less is more!!


I am going to use these colours for the covers:

Peter = Green
Jemima = Blue
Tiggywinkle = Orange

Need to sort out what is going on the cover (pattern?) need to keep the washed out look too.. maybe not so much?

Maybe have stickers for the front, so the actual cover will be a brown wrapping paper type stock.. DECIDE!


Use lines as a bit of detail for page, this may vary for each cover..


There needs to be some kind of border.. and the colour needs working on more.. not keen on the black.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment