Friday 4 May 2012

Including Characters & Text


After speaking with Mark, he gave me some really good advice on how to do this properly.. 
Firstly looking at the backgrounds specifically, baring in mind that characters and text will be placed somewhere, then printing them all out and drawing on roughly where you intend on the characters being..

He also made me think about point of views and scales, whether you were looking at the rabbit, or from the rabbits point of view.. also looking at the sky, does it change as the story goes on, showing the time of day.. and if anything stays the same, to make rules for myself..

The layouts I did before with all the rabbits was very cluttered, and it didn't work, there was just too much going on.. so I have simplified the story as well as the images, just to condense it and make it more about Peter Rabbit..


Looking at how the text might work.. not in a straight line.. I don't think this is sitting right.. It would be nice to have a raw typeface, maybe slightly old looking, serif?

I am going to go with this typeface, looks quite rough and old looking, which is the look I'm going for.. need to get the text in the right place and make sure it doesn't crowd the composition..



I have found a times typeface that is hand drawn, which looks quite old and antiquey like.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment