Monday 28 May 2012

Yearbook Submission Boards



Evaluation

I was in a design team with Gemma, Kirsty and Nick and we worked on the Fine Art yearbook. At the beginning of the brief, I was very excited and anxious about working with a team and with a group of fine art clients.

A problem we had straight away was a lack of communication, within our own group and with the client, as we were all unsure about our cover design and the client said they liked it, however, after 4 weeks, we had a member leave the group and we then found that the client didn't like our ideas after all. From then on, we all made sure that if we didn't like an idea or design, that we would say, otherwise the yearbook wouldn't work out.

The layout was liked quite close to the beginning, but we struggled with the concept of 'Original Rework', as the fine artist's came up with the concept, we had to ask for the meaning, and it took a bit of time to understand. But we got there in the end!

This brief has taught me a lot, in regards to working with a group of graphic designers and with a real client.. or set of clients. I found that I grew in confidence, as I was consistently talking about my ideas and presenting the work we had done to the clients on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment